We have over 25 years experience in the design and civil engineering aspects of sports pitches and facilities. Our services include the design and specification for new sports pitches, including synthetic pitches, drainage, earth-moving, access roads and footpaths etc.
Dundrum South Dublin Athletics Club are developing lands at St Thomas’s on the Tibradden Road in the foothills of the Dublin Mountains to provide a state-of-the-art athletics facility. The first phase of these works are currently underway and include the creation of a 8-lane 400mm track with 10-lane sprint section, various field facilities (including javelin, long jump, pole vault and discus) cross-country running trails, a new bridge over the Whitechurch Stream and a spectator viewing platform.
Gordon White Consulting Engineers have been a key player in the design and development of the Dundrum South Dublin Athletic Clubs new regional Multisport facility at Tibradden Road, Dublin 16. GWCE have gone over and above providing clever and cost-effective solutions to the challenges of the site. This facility includes a full scale outdoor 400 metre track to World Athletics standards with floodlighting, as well as associated cross-country tracks & trails, access & car parking and service & related buildings. We are more than happy with the services provided by GWCE for this high-profile project and look forward to a continued relationship.
Sports Facility development in two phases including:
• New full sized grass Rugby Pitch including improved levelling, drainage and irrigation
• 400m 4-lane synthetic running track
• 2 reduced size synthetic rugby pitches plus warm-up area
• Synthetic tennis courts
• Access road, drainage including diversion of watercourse, attenuation, water supply to irrigation system
• Sundry retaining structures to accommodate changes in level
Services Provided by GWCE
• 8-Lane Running track including earthworks to provide level site
• Long-jump, pole vault, water-jump discus facilities
• Track and field drainage
Our highly experienced civil and environmental engineers work with you to understand your unique needs and offer unparalleled support throughout every project.